Thursday, June 18, 2015

Insanity...

                                             Im still shocked about Charleston.
                                          I thought by now, I'd get used to this stuff.
                  Atrocities on a daily basis, overwhelming all the good that happens outside the medias three ring circus. We are bombarded every single half hour, with thirty second talking points about some segment out there, whether black, white, Christian, Muslim, woman or man...
                       If you go by the stories on the silly screen, we are all hopeless.
                                             In the largest sense, I fully agree. 
                       As a Christian, my entire existence's only real meaning, only real worth, is in The Savior that is the source of any " good" remotely evident in me.
                                           But I see hope in a thousand places...
                            I see hope in the people who are trying to make this world a better place. It doesn't matter whether they are political, religious or animal activists, every one of them gives me hope that humanity can get "it", at least a little bit right, sometimes. I see passions in artists and athletes; concert pianists and half tanked, honky tonk ivory pounders, playing off key, by ear...
                 Long shot, overmatched professional, million dollar teams or intimate groups of gut wrenching, everyday types, standing out from the pack by their drive and dedication.
                            They all personify that we CAN inspire each other, to be " better"...
                                                   Not in the religious sense.
                                                          In the human one.
                               I look to God often for strength and inspiration, but sometimes I'm positive that He wants me to look at my brothers and sisters on this planet, those that are working to fix the brokenness that they can fix, in and around each other.
                   He gave us hands and hearts for a reason. For a thousand different reasons...
                      For every sick idiot who ruthlessly destroys lives, there really are a few hundred others, doing what they can to improve this crazy rock we inhabit...
                                                   I can't lose sight of that.
                   I want to, sometimes. I want to give up and think the worst about every single person that passes me by, that I see at work, on the street, at Church...
                             The negativity we breath in and out from this culture seems like it has a death grip on my psyche, sometimes...
                                                             Correction.
                                            Sometimes it does have a death grip.
                                                     But only "sometimes"...
                       It's easy to get lost in the insanity. It's comforting, in an odd and sad way.
                                          But inversely, it is immensely freeing,to step out of it and look into the souls of the ones attempting " better"; to commit ourselves ( on some days ), to joining them in the quest.
                              Great things happen that do not ever erase the atrocities, but they can definitely help to put them into perspective.
                                     We need... I need...to keep these travesties " right sized".
                                            If it is in our own circle, our own family, or our own Church, there really is no " right size" to the grief or despair. It is giant and overwhelming, made endurable only by God.
                                 I need to remember that every single tragedy creates that reality somewhere, but I also must remind myself today that it is not "here"...
                              We all will have our share of grief, but the non stop headlines try to force every instance down our throat, personalizing it for us, at the basest level. It can break our spirit, if we let it...
                                                   I do mourn for Charleston.
                         Part of my heart breaks at the unnecessary loss and savagery that occurred in Gods house. Part of me questions all the " whys". Part of me looks at my Wonderful Wife and children, that often are attending Bible studies at our Church, with friends and their own families, who we love...
            But part of me looks at God and the people He placed here, that eclipse the terrible things.
                                                       I mourn and then I stop.
                                     If it were my family or my Church, it would be much different...
                                                  But gratefully , Gracefully, it wasn't.
                                            
                                                      That sounds kind of awful, doesn't it?
                                    
                                       I pray that this is the last time, something like this happens.
                              But I also pray that these things don't break us, and make us all miss the things going on, greater than the tragedies...
                                                        ...That the insanity never wins...
                                                        Because that would be insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment