Monday, May 18, 2015

Unrepentant sin...

                                                                   I am fat.
                                               The clinical term would be "Obese".
                      I'm OK with either word you use, because they are both words of fact...
                                And I never won an argument against facts.
                          That's not completely true. I have out talked, out shouted and used words bigger than my opponents to convince them that they had lost our argument. 
                I'd even managed to get some of them to concede and passionately believe my fictional diatribes...
                           But I didn't win, just bullied, intimidated or out- finessed...
                                                          No matter. 
                                                  The Truth always prevails.
                                                     God always prevails...
                                    I am fat ( obese) because I eat too much and excersize too little,
                                         Gluttony and Sloth, if the sins need naming...
                                            I have admitted (confessed) these, and still am somewhat owned by them. I use the word " somewhat" to minimize their influence.
                                                          " Somewhat" is a lie.
                                            They still got me, hook, line and sinker.
                                  Nobody wants to admit powerlessness. Especially Christians who have turned all their sins over to Jesus. We are given the strength, His strength, over Sin, when we claim it.
                             If we fail to let Him remove our Sins and keep returning to them, after a certain amount of time, we become deemed " unrepentant".
                                Not serious enough in our Faith and submission...
                                  Worse than non-believers, really...
                                              Because we know better.

                                          So, at best, I am a Luke-warm Christian, by many educated opinions.
                                   And luke warm is to be spit out...
                                                   It's true. I read " The Book".
                                          Sadly, I do not feel that I am alone, in this. I have looked across aisles in most every Church I've ever attended, and my shape usually fits somewhere in the middle of all shapes, present. Barring the few rare causative pituitary disorders, most of the rest, fit into descriptions like " sedentary" and " over-eating"...
                               So do we go to our overweight Brother or Sister, ourselves first, with two friends next, and Elders, after?
                   I mean, this Sin, this group of Sins, is easily measurable. It is obvious and can be medically diagnosed and separated from the diseases that cause obesity in spite of diet or excersize...
                                                           Rude, yes. 
                           But do we have a duty to point out " un-repentant" Sin, or not?
                              What makes this worse, is that most of Christian " un-repentance" is not nearly so obvious....
                               How many friends, Brothers and Sisters in Christ, still have nearly identical issues of anger ( Wraith), will spend nearly as much on their hair and clothes, than they put in the collection plate? (Greed, Vanity), still secretly think that their particular Sins are less important ( Pride)than those surrounding them, as when they turned their life and will to the care of Christ?
                      Maybe I'm the only one finding himself " Luke-warm", in truthful introspection.
                              I am one of these simple idiots that sees my own abundance of Sin, some un-repentant, and sheepishly, ashamedly, beggingly, lay plead that Jesus died for the people like me, also...
        The imperfect acceptors of His Healing, of His Deliverance and defiars of His Grace, sometimes, still...
                                 This was never about my body mass index, or anyone else's.
                                      This is about Christians judging other Christians sins...
                                The Sins we choose to remain powerless over, even though Jesus freed us from them, with His perfect, Substitionary Sacarafice.
                                    I acknowledge my imperfections, my disobediance, not because they are not terrible, because they are. 
                            I acknowledge them to be real, to be truthful, with a God Who Loved me enough to Sacrafice His Sinless and Perfect Son, for my Redemption...
                              This is about Christs Bride, made up of partial un-repentants, whether they admit it, or not...
                                                               Sin is Sin. 
                                          Un-repentant Sin is un-repentant Sin. 
                                                
                                             We acknowledge it, admit it, or not...
                                                            But it is true.
                                                       Truth always prevails...
                                                          As God does...
                    
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment