Monday, February 8, 2016

Happens every time...

                            My Wonderful Wife returned from working out and fed our grand lizard Jason.
       This is kind of a big deal, because he's been hibernating for over two months and just recently started basking under his heat lamp again.
                                                    He ate two crickets.
                      With a couple hours to kill, sans kids, I suggested after she showered that we take advantage of the time and watch an adult movie...
                                          No, not THAT kind of adult movie...
                                                      
                                                            Les Miserable 
                                          
                                           The Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway musical...
                                      I don't know why, but this is just one of those shows that we can watch a hundred times and still be mesmerized, every single time.
                                       I shared before that the vice principal of our school, who happened to be teaching eighth grade English one of the times I was taking it,  gave me the book to read.
                   We fought. He insisted, promising me I would relate and not be able to stop without finishing it...
                                              Short story long, he was right.
                         So the kids come home and shake their heads- " Les Miserable " they say, hiding their smirks. Quietly they grab their devices, headsets and play their games...
                        Across the room, the Wonderful Wife tears up as I hold my breath, close my eye lids  and try to will the water to re-absorb back into my corneas.
                                                   It happens every time...
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment