Sunday, September 7, 2014

We ran away...

                                                          We ran away.
                         We packed up our suitcases and cell phone chargers and hit the road.
                                                             No children. 
                Well, there still were children, but they were shuffled to good friends and relatives, well cared for, albeit somewhat confused that their mom and dad were actually going someplace for a few successive days ....without them.
                                     My Wonderful Wife wanted to go to Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain for her 50th birthday and our 13th wedding anniversary. The really cool thing about it is that she wanted me to tag along with her....
                                          I will let you in on a little secret....
               I always get a little bit nervous on these endeavors. Not that we've had many getaways, but the few we've had always were accompanied with a small amount of jitters.
                                    She is the most amazing person I know. 
                       Maybe I'm unique in this, but when I'm taken out of the rolls of home handyman, dad and provider and left singularly with the title "husband", I begin to question if there is anything else worthwhile, left...
                               After thirteen years, removed from the life we've built together for one weekend, will she still see what she saw in me,  before those years began?
                       It's scarier than the first date, if you let it be...
                                 Me, I decided to do what I did back then...
            Ignore fear and insecurity and trust that some things are just meant to be...
                             So we talked the same small talks we did back then. 
                           We laughed at the same silly stuff that brought us close in the past, 
                             and found our hearts were still open and our souls were still intwined...
                         There really is no reason for her to love me as she does. It was as much an anomaly then as it still is, now...
                              
                       Glad she does, though...
                       
               
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment